low blood

4 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Michael Spy DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
3 posts

I am a new graduate, I think dafne and its concept is great but I am getting a bit frustrated. I feel like since I have been on the course I have been hypo. I have reduced by BI by half since the start of the course, I am sure I am calculating my CP's correctly and I am doing my QA corrections but regardless what I do I am always below target. Am I doing some thing wrong, or do you think I need to go from a 1:1 ratio to 1/2:1 ratio?

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

it could be BI - have you tried a carb free day - can you post your diary

vic demain DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
87 posts

Hi Michael,

I did my course in November, having had Type 1 for 30 years and have experienced a very similar result to that you are going through. I have certainly reduced my BI and it need playing with over a period of time to find what works for you. Also I sometimes go down as low as 0.4:1 on the QA. My job is one where I am very active, always walking for miles, could yours be similar? Also I believe, I am sensitive to insulin and don't require that much.
I am not a HCP just a graduate, but I do hope you get advice from the pro's, which could help us all. Unfortunately this learning process goes on. Dafne is great but requires a heck of a lot of work and understanding.
Stick at it and let us know your experiences.
Regards.
Vic.

diet_79 DAFNE HCP
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
8 posts

Hi Michael,

You can try and miss a meal or choose a CP free meal to determine if your current dose of BI is correct.
Based on Dafne principles you should not need less that 1:1. ? if your doing any activity or acan you see patternes of hypos at particular time of day.
Good luck