Weight

16 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

natalie fitch 5 posts

I desperately need to loose weight. I need help with this.
My weight is 80.5kg, 12st 8.4lbs with a BMI of 32.66
I have high blood pressure, and feel exhausted all the time. It's got to where I cannot do trousers up. I feel very unwell with this.
All I've been told to do is to keep a food diary. I've done this before and been told they can't cut anything out as eat very healthily.
I've been taking 3 different slimming tablets without any improvement, so have just brought my fourth slimming tablet today. I'm going to start taking laxatives as well, I know they will help with the other, as am on 2 Ferrous Fumarate iron tablets a day.
Anyone who can help, please do

glen4 DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
46 posts

Have you spoken to a nutritionist Natalie? You could be allergic or intolerant to certain foods perhaps!? Maybe have smaller portions, with more meals spread throughout the day! Don't always load up on carbs! Try to have a source of protein with each meal + drink plenty of water! Hope this is helpful!? Very Happy

glen4 DAFNE Graduate
46 posts

I would advise against taking laxatives! I'm wondering whether your slimming pills are working, or of any use!? Confused

natalie fitch 5 posts

Hiya.what foods could I be allergic or intolerant to?

glen4 DAFNE Graduate
46 posts

I know that people can be lactose or gluten intolerant! Gluten is wheat based- found in bread, cereals(bars), sausages/burgers! Lactose is dairy based main sugar in cows milk! Maybe go gluten free + switch to soya based dairy!? Do you drink fruit juices coke often? Hi Natalie Smile

glen4 DAFNE Graduate
46 posts

How much exercise do you do in a normal week- however big/small!? Walking + housework counts! Smile

Bananaman DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
34 posts

Hows your hba1c, have you done dafne yet it helps I would quit the diet pills sounds like they are not working for you, you should speak to a dietician at your diabetic clinic and looking at increasing your exercise, it doesn't need to be much try swimming because the water will support your weight or try a run/walk training schedule, try Parkrun its inclusive to all so anyone can give it a try, you dont have to run to start you could try walking to start but remember to adjust your insulin to start any exercise

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

I've lost 1.5 kilos by eating less and doing 30 minutes exercise - every day. This works for me.

Bmumma49 DAFNE Graduate
North East Essex CCG
3 posts

Could you try a slimming group like weight watchers.I ve been going and have lost a stone following their filling and healthy diet.

Bananaman DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
34 posts

Try this training schedule, if you need to you can repeat a week until you are ready for the next week
WEEK ONE
Mon Rest
Tue Run 1 min, walk 1 min. Do 10 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times
WEEK TWO
Mon Rest
Tue Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 4 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 4 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 3 times
WEEK THREE
Mon Rest
Tue Run 7 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
WEEK FOUR
Mon Rest
Tue Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 10 mins, walk 2 mins. Do twice then run for 5 mins
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
WEEK FIVE
Mon Rest
Tue Run 9 mins, walk 1 min. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 12 mins, walk 2 mins. Do twice then run for 5 mins
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
WEEK SIX
Mon Rest
Tue Run 15 mins, walk 1 min. Do twice
Wed Rest
Thu Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun 5K Race!
On race day: You will probably find that you can run at least 20 minutes before you need a break, but whatever your plan, start slowly, and don’t wait until you are exhausted before taking some one-minute walk breaks.
Previous article