cla?

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

goff 2 posts

Hi new to this whole site/app and finding it v useful! My specific question concerns CLA supplementation which some of my gym buddies use for weight control. Any advice for a diabetic??

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

never heard of this but from reading Wikipedia, it seems that it can be quite effective in weight management and getting some muscle on the go.......... Smile

However it did mention insulin resistance being a side effect, in obese non diabetic, and therefore causing diabetes, likely type 2, so from that information it might suggest that it would increase your resistance to insulin, making your exercise regime a lot harder to manage and pushing your insulin doses up, which would be defeating the purpose of the exercise and the CLA..........

I think though it would be a case of trial and error, so start of on a low dose of the CLA and see what it does to you blood sugars, then weigh up [excuse the PUN] the PROS and CONS......

goff 2 posts

Cool, thanx for advice may get blood tests an body fat checked then try low doseSmile