Dafne Diary entries for advice please

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

LindaJ DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
3 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Hi
I have my annual review appointment on Thursday 1st September. I have just re-found the DAFNE online (forgotten to try it out-sorry) however I have attached my last few days diary for you to review. I have been on holiday from 21st to 28th August so it has been a bit out of sorts and I had a few low BS readings so reduced my BI to prevent it going low overnight.
Using this format I can clearly some of my errors - forgetting to inject for those snacks is a big one and obviously has a bad effect on my BS before meals.
Any advice appreciated - many thanks.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Welcome,

A lot to take in there, have you any specific problems you are not sure about.........?

First thing I look at is whether you are holding steady overnight to see if the BI dose is right, you seem to be falling, all be it, there a other factors involved, like QA, but this would suggest maybe too much........

Have you tested your BI overnight with no carbs or QA in the system.........?

LindaJ DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
3 posts

Thank you for responding. Only difference I know for definite is my holiday abroad which lasted until Sun 28th morning - much harder to achieve accurate CPs using restaurant.
Prior to these readings I took my BG at 3am on 2 separate occasions although I had had 1 CP before bed both times - results:
2330 1CP BG @ 6.2. Injected 1QA and @ 0325 BG 7.9 then on waking up @ 0700 BG @ 7.4.
and
2310 1CP BG @ 15.5! Injected 1QA + 3 corrective QA and @ 0300 BG @ 14.0 then on waking up at 0700 BG @ 13.3.
I will do again omitting the 1CP for supper and see what happens.
Many thanks - let you know the outcome.
Linda

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I look forward to it................ Wink