Ios app not syncing diary

12 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

mkennerley
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (Wythenshawe)
6 posts

I am using the ios app on my iphone 4s (ios7) and it has been syncing to the website fine until the other day.
It has not synced anything after 12:18 on 9th december. I have added entries after this date.
I have tried turning sync off/on but it hasnt fixed it.
I can see that it is trying to sync as i get the spinning icon next to the wireless strength indicator.

Any ideas?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply - are you still having this problem? Have you tried adding a new entry - this should trigger the sync to the site for all previous entries. If it's still not working can you let us know around what time you're trying to do the upload so we can check our logs?

Thanks,

Simon

mkennerley
6 posts

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am still having trouble. My iPhone app now reports "Connection Failed. Could not connect to DAFNE Online. Please check your internet connection" every time I go into the app. The spinning wheel icon next to the wireless network icon is always spinning. Other internet enabled apps iPlayer, Safari etc work fine.

I enter a new entry everytime I do a blood test, so usually about 4 times a day. It hasn't updated the website since 9th December.

Thanks,

Mark

mkennerley
6 posts

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am still having trouble. My iPhone app now reports "Connection Failed. Could not connect to DAFNE Online. Please check your internet connection" every time I go into the app. The spinning wheel icon next to the wireless network icon is always spinning. Other internet enabled apps iPlayer, Safari etc work fine.

I enter a new entry everytime I do a blood test, so usually about 4 times a day. It hasn't updated the website since 9th December.

Thanks,

Mark

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

Is this an ios7 problem - I use an iphone4 still on ios6, and I am syncing away happily.

mkennerley
6 posts

Could be but it has been working on ios7. I upgraded from ios6 a few weeks after ios7 was released in September and it only stopped working in December.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, looking at the logs you ARE updating diary entries on the site and I can see loads of entries created in the last few days. I suspect the issue is you app is uploading lots of entries and we seem to have a performance issue with the site at the moment. The app is probably not getting a response quick enough and thinks it has lost connection when its just slow. Hopefully we will soon work out what the performance issue is.

mkennerley
6 posts

OK, but I can't see them on the website either?
So is it attempting to upload them but timing out?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Can you take a look again? We had some problems with the site glucose diary but it's been fixed now.

mkennerley
6 posts

Yes all my entries are now showing in the diary. Very Happy

It also seems to be quite a bit quicker to display them.