Data Analysis

5 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Guy Kramer DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
12 posts

Hello,

I wondered who I could speak to about getting a FULL copy of all data held on me in the DAFNE Online database. For the past 8 months I have been working a project at work using software Splunk which is an extremely powerful tool that is able to provide a number of functions.

What I would like to do is feed all of my DAFNE Online data in to Splunk and create some dashboards / graphs and other cool stuff, it might also highlight something or help me learn more. I can do all this by creating an app within Splunk. The software is free itself, so others may want to try themselves or maybe used on DAFNE Online itself?

Thanks
Guy

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, What format would you need the data in ? It looks like Splunk is designed to process files or logs of data, DAFNEONline holds the data in the background in a mysql database, Most data oriented websites use a database in the background to store information in. We can extract the data from the site in a number of forms and indeed the iphone and android apps use a method called REST to input and extract data from the database, So basically we need to know what format you need the data in.
The best option would be to email us using the 'contact DAFNE online' at the bottom of the page and we can work out how to provide the data.

12 posts

Hi Marke,

Thanks for the reply, I will send an email now.

Thanks
Guy

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Guy,

I've looked at Splunk, looks cool from a techy point of view to analyse website traffic from log files or live data from a car engine or something.

I don't see how putting your DAFNE results into it will give you much more than the graph section of the website? Not sure unless you blood test loads there will be enough data unless you had CGM data, this might help then Very Happy

Fun to play with though, let us know how it goes and if you find it useful, possibly some screen shots?

Phil

12 posts

Hi Phil,

Yeah is being used for all for monitoring earthquakes and equipment on commercial airplanes to deep packet inspection or a bridge head to have multiple platforms / applications / sources.

I was thinking combining DAFNE and Glucofacts, maybe then using some script to upload the entries from Glucofacts to DAFNE. I wonder if ther is already a Python script to upload and download with DAFNE?

I guess I find the tables / graphs / sparkllines etc makes more sense to me. Sorry, what do you mean CGM data?

I will let you know and get screenshots etc

Cheers
Guy