Deleting Multiple Diary Entries

9 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Mark Wilcox DAFNE Graduate
Royal Glamorgan Hospital Diabetes Centre
6 posts

Hi. Is there any way of deleting multiple diary entries, without having to select each one at a time?

Best regards,

Mark.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Mark, not at the moment but we'll look at implementing this in the future.

I'll update this post when we have more news.

Thanks,

Simon

john day DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
54 posts

Hi Simon..

I can support MarkW on this, as a result of using the BG summary report & digging down during a post Xmas/EOY review, I found quite a few data entry errors I had made which needed to be deleted/corrected.

Typically these were date errors (1 day out) causing 10 entries to be allocated to a single day although entered on 2 separate occasions. Also simple entry of BI value in QA box etc

You may feel I've just got thick fingers but I wondered if a Consistency Report could be produced which would advise apparently odd data values as an adjunct (say) to the Summary report or maybe better immediately with the entry errors . The user could chose/flag to ignore or correct if necessary.

There are lots of checks which could be made to highlight major oddities rather than normal variation but perhaps some are:

-Date entered is already on file
-Date missing from sequence already on file
-QA is much higher than usual (say 200% avg) at that time of day
-Usual BI entry missing

No doubt other users can add more checks if you think the report is a possibility.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks, John

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

We've added support for deleting diary entries now. You will see a check box next to each of your entries in your diary - check this and click the button below the diary and the selected entries will be deleted.

Re the Consistency report - a great idea but pretty complex so will probably take some time - we will work on it though!

Simon

john day DAFNE Graduate
54 posts

Hi Simon .. thanks for that, should be most helpful in sorting errors.

A comment on your instructional note .. 'the box left' shold be ' the box above' ?

Also, trying to update multiple a few mins ago, gave an 'unkown error'. Could be my pc tho as having a few probs at moment.

Cheers, John

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi John - ah, sometimes it will appear to the left if you screen resolution is high enough (I have a widescreen monitor so it does for me) but yes it is the box above/left.

Also re the add multiple error - that was my fault and is now fixed - apologies!

Simon

john day DAFNE Graduate
54 posts

Hi Simon .. yes all ok now, thanks, but...

Upon tryng to amend the start date for summary display gives a 'page not there' error ...

One of those days is it?

Cheers, John

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Yes indeed, thanks for the spot there John. In my defence, my day job has been rather hectic recently so my brain is addled when it comes to developing the site at night! Smile

All fixed now, let me know if you find any more problems/would like anything new.

Simon

Mark Wilcox DAFNE Graduate
Royal Glamorgan Hospital Diabetes Centre
6 posts

Hi Simon. Thanks for adding this facility, and so quickly!! Smile

Best regards,

Mark.