Auto calculate QA from BG - let's get it right

97 posts, 13 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
68 posts

Phil Maskell said:
Hi,

With the new calculations, everything works fine, but an enhancement for me would be to have settings such as Hypo or Background with no ratio set, if it sees this it doesn't try to correct. DAFNE states between meals we shouldn't keep correcting so if I do a Before driving BG and am 10ish is suggests to correct, but I then have to clear this.

Just an idea, hopes its an easy win, just allow null in ratios and check not null before calc, pseudo coding is soo easy Very Happy

Phil

I have my before driving target set to between 7 & 10 so that it doesn't suggest corrections (unless I'm outside of this range obviously!) Idea

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Annette Bell said:

I have my before driving target set to between 7 & 10 so that it doesn't suggest corrections (unless I'm outside of this range obviously!) Idea

Nice idea, never thought of that Confused

68 posts

One small glitch! When one is not taking any QA, eg when hypo, before driving, bedtime, & in my case before breakfast, as I don't eat breakfast, it still gives you a negative dose if BG is below target. This is obviously impossible to do & annoying that it has to be cancelled out, & comes back if you then have to go back in to alter anything. Also, if before meals BG is too low so you have to have extra CP's it still gives a minus suggestion. If you do both you end up with a high BG later. I know you have to use common sense, but it is a bit annoying, & if you're confused due to low BG it's a problem. Sad

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Annette, this behaviour has been fixed in the latest update. Thanks.

194 posts

Simon said:
Hi Annette, this behaviour has been fixed in the latest update. Thanks.

Is this in app store yet or still in the pipeline? I'm on 1.6.2

Phil

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Yep 1.6.2 is the latest

194 posts

Just tested, if I add a before driving with say 4.2 and no CP so therefore no QA it still suggests QA of 0-2 in my case.

What would would be nice to help fix this is allow nulls for ratio (not make it mandatory) then you could ignore calculations on these types e.g Hypo or Driving where you wouldn't correct. With DAFNE you're only supposed to correct at meal times. This would then allow hypo CP or extra CP before driving without the corrections coming up.

Hope this makes sense?

Phil

68 posts

Yes, I've tested it too & it still suggesting minus amounts for QA even though I'm not having any CP's therefore no QA at bedtime, before driving etc. Also, the new add your own Carb content items doesn't allow me to save them. I've tried adding one & as soon as I say "done" it deletes everything I've put in apart from the category. When I look in the list it's just listed as "carb item" with no value - which isn't a lot of good really! Sad

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Ah I see what you mean Phil - apologies for misunderstanding; I'll work on that for the next update.

Also Anette; I'll look at the carbs problem you mention; if anybody else has experienced it then can you let me know?

Thanks!

194 posts

Annette what version of the app are you on? What device and iOs version? The carb function works fine on mine.

I am on the latest 1.6.2 on later iOs 5.1 I think (too lazy to go fetch my phone to check) on an iPhone 4

Simon I hope this info helps

Phil