Auto calculate QA from BG - let's get it right

97 posts, 13 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Michelle,

Yes there is - you can find it by searching for DAFNE Online on the app store, or by following this link on your phone will take you straight to it.

Enjoy!

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Annette - yes, Negative Corrections will be coming in the next update of the app.

Rich - not sure what you mean, ratios have to be entered as 2 figures separated by a colon, however you can have multiple decimal places; so 1:0.004 should work.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

Correction ratio not CP ratio

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Ah I'm with you now, sorry for the confusion. Could be a bit difficult getting the precision with the slider, is there a better way to input that ratio?

michdash DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
9 posts

Thanks Simon,

I have the Dafne app already, however cannot seem to locate this auto calculate tool Confused

Michelle

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

If you go to the settings tab then the auto calculate option and settings are there. Once turned on when you change your BG, CP, ratio or entry type it will recalculate your qa insulin dose.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Simon said:
Ah I'm with you now, sorry for the confusion. Could be a bit difficult getting the precision with the slider, is there a better way to input that ratio?

Alow us to also manually enter it just like the CP ratio?

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Rich, your wish is my command. In 1.6.2 on the app store now you can enter your QA:CP ratio in a text box and make it as fine grained as you like. Other issues fixed are:

* Crashes when saving a diary entry on iOS 4
* Auto calc now gives negative corrections

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

perfect thanks for that.

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

With the new calculations, everything works fine, but an enhancement for me would be to have settings such as Hypo or Background with no ratio set, if it sees this it doesn't try to correct. DAFNE states between meals we shouldn't keep correcting so if I do a Before driving BG and am 10ish is suggests to correct, but I then have to clear this.

Just an idea, hopes its an easy win, just allow null in ratios and check not null before calc, pseudo coding is soo easy Very Happy

Phil