Auto calculate QA from BG - let's get it right

97 posts, 13 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

novorapidboi26 said:
Its working now, I just changed one thing at a time, exited, then returned and it was saved, thanks......

I was 8.2 before lunch, yet it didn't offer a correction, which for me would be 1, as it falls under 10mmol/l and therefore 1 unit drops by 2.5mmol/l. The calculation process shows that I need to come down by 2.4 to reach my target, so less than my correction will drop me.

Is this why its not giving me a correction?

Would I need to adjust my target..........

P.S. I did adjust Range target to 40% instead of 50%, and it gave me my unit........

I'm happy....... Cool

I found my targets of 5.5 to 7.5 it was aiming at 6.5 which is fine, but I was 12.3 and 2:1 would normally correct @ 3Units, but it suggested 2 as needed to drop 5.8 to get to 6.5, changed target range - 5.5 to 7 it calc'd 3 correction then.

I would lower some of the upper targets or the 50% target range, maybe 40%

Phil

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
68 posts

Hi! I have downloaded the latest update for my Ipod. Yesterday I was 4.2 before my lunch which is below target. I had 6 CP's and the calculation said "BG:4.2 CP: 6, QA:CP ratio: 1:1, Target range: 4.5-8.0, QA for CPs: 6"
Then.... Target: 6.2 (50% of range), BG minus target = -2.1, Calculation method: Simple, QA:BG ratio: 3.0, CORRECTIVE QA: -1
However, when I tried to enter the -1 in the QA dose (as it didn't put it in automatically as I'd thought it would) as soon as I tried to save it the dosage went straight back to 6 without the -1. Is this a problem with the app or am I doing something wrong? I had a similar problem with my evening meal. As I don't have a half unit pen I round up my doses. The calculated dose was 13.5 + 1, so I tried to round this up to 14 + 1, and again, as soon as I tried to save it it reverted to 13.5+1. I tried to solve this by changing it to 13.5+1.5 but it wouldn't accept this either. HELP!

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

See previous page. Simon is working on the issues this weekend.

PNThompson DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Havering and Redbridge)
57 posts

I've downloaded Version 1.6 on the Ipod but cannot get the Auto Correction to work.
I normally have an adjustment ratio of 1 Unit of QA per 2 Units on the BG reading but cannot get it to calculate correctly.
It corrected when the BG was low, but doesn't calculate a correction right when I test a high BG.

The correction seems to only work if the adjustment is an exact whole figure.
I use a spreadsheet when calculating my injection so if I have an adjustment needed of, say, 0.7 I can manipulate the food calculation to get close to a whole figure.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

I see there is a correction rounding option now. Any chance of having the same for the main QA calc.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Please all update to version 1.6.1 - I've fixed the issues regarding overriding the suggested dose, as well as provided the ability to specify whether the app corrects to 0.5 or 1. Also fixed some issues around the saving of comments.

Rich - yep I'll put this into a later version.

Thanks for your patience whilst waiting for me to fix this!

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

It's been awfully quiet since the update, has nobody managed to break it?

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

It seems to be functioning correctly now. But I am still not able to to enter a corrective ratio to more than 1 decimal place Crying or Very sad

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
68 posts

The suggested dose automatically gives the + values added on, but not the - ones. Also, if BG is below 3.5 before a meal I was told to take extra quick acting carb. The suggested minus values don't take into account if you're taking extra carbs. If you do both you could end up with high BG later!

michdash DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
9 posts

Hello Guys,

Is this a Dafne App?, I cannot seem to find this and would be most interested!. I have an iPhone

Cheers
Michelle