Auto calculate QA from BG - let's get it right

97 posts, 13 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Podarcis said:
As I have an Android phone I can't use the improved version yet Sad . Please let me know as soon as I can get hold of it, as I'd love to give it a workout.

I agree with Novorapid that the app should round to the nearest 0.5 unit or 1 unit (user-selectable). I have found this a nuisance in the current version (as I have said previously), which gives (say) 5 CPs x 1.5 QA:CP = 7.5 units, which I would prefer the app to round to 8 rather than me having to edit the calculated figure manually.

+1 for the rounding, with auto calc it could even be clever and round up or down based on your current BG over mid point in target range round up below mid point in target range round down.

Or so the 0.5 calc is not lost from the user perspective, round up or down as a +- type correction so it is obvious why a 5CP @ 1.5:1 is 7.5+0.5 not just 8, thoughts?

Simon, bet you hate smart arsed user comments like these, at work I do Wink

Phil

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

+1 on the .5 rounding. Don't forget to track the rounding on the auto correction value to or you could end up with a net rounding of +/-1.0

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Maybe bug?

I'm a ozDAFNE T1 and our rule was corrections were done only at meal times & bed. The auto correction calc is kicking in on all 'types'. Is the UK program different?

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Getting back to the number of decimals. The correction calc I wanted to use this morning was 1:0.65, forced to use 1:0.6 correction would put at the very bottom of the target range & if I used 1:0.7 there would be difference sufficient enough to put me at the top end of the target range. I realise I could change the range target % to fix this instance but surely that's not the intended function of the range target % setting.

I can live with it of course since the issue really only comes about for the larger than normal highs and the difference between 1 tenth in the ratio results in a multiple of units diference.

Also, any plans to make it do negative adjustments?

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Bug..

If you have a correction auto calc'd and then edit the QA:CP ratio on the diary entry it recalculates the QA (brilliant) but it also seems to recalc the correction as well but forgets to remove the old calculated correction. So you could end up with, as an example, QA 5+6+6+6+6.
In the app it appears to actually fix itself a few milliseconds after saving but that fix is not reflected in the database here.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Bug
On save of the diary entry QA is recalculated even after a manual override of the QA figures. Eg when we edit to round the .5s, on save, that edit is lost.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Going back to the remembering of ratios etc, when you go into settings>specify targets in order to change your BG targets and mealtime ratios, you hit done when finished and exit back out, when I go back in my previous changes are gone.....

Anyone else.....?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hmm it seems I should've given the app to you guys to break before releasing on the app store Wink

Seriously though, thanks for reporting the issues, I'll try and fix them over the weekend. It seems I've made it a bit over zealous with the amount of times it recalculates things so will reduce that too.

On the topic of storing default ratios, as you've already said you can enter these on the settings tab. These are linked to the entry types, so you can specify different ratios for each of your meals. When you create/update an entry, the ratio is looked up from the entry type. This lookup happens when you first add an entry and also whenever you update the entry type, so if you manually enter a ratio then change the type this might overwrite your first ratio.

Hope this helps clear things up.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Yep Nova, same thing for me originally, it seems to save from the second time onwards. Same thing happens when adding custom foods, it seems to fail to save the initial creation detail.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Its working now, I just changed one thing at a time, exited, then returned and it was saved, thanks......

I was 8.2 before lunch, yet it didn't offer a correction, which for me would be 1, as it falls under 10mmol/l and therefore 1 unit drops by 2.5mmol/l. The calculation process shows that I need to come down by 2.4 to reach my target, so less than my correction will drop me.

Is this why its not giving me a correction?

Would I need to adjust my target..........

P.S. I did adjust Range target to 40% instead of 50%, and it gave me my unit........

I'm happy....... Cool