Auto calculate QA from BG - let's get it right

97 posts, 13 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

Seems to be working as expected.

Would be better (for me) to have the ratios go to 2 decimal places though.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I am sure the decimal places could be hanged quite easily.....are all your ratios more than one?

Great job with the app guys, it's weird seeing the correction function there. I really do think it will help people, and at the very least, get them thinking about there corrections and what they are doing under different conditions.....

Thank you....

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

Bug and feature request...

Bug...

I like the new calculations, but my ratios are dif at dif times of the day, never 1:1 either.

If I have a snack of 3CP it calcs 3QA + correction @ 1:1, I then change ratio to 1.5:1 and the QA is 4.5 which is correct.

If I save everything is fine, but if I need to go back in it resets back to a ratio of 1:1 and therefore resets QA to 3, I can't inject 0.5 so did 4.5+0.5 and it looses the 0.5 too.

Feature ...

I have background insulin twice a day and somehow it remembers I have 16 units in the morning and 20 in the evening. Could we set or it remember each meals ratio as a default so I don't need to change from 1:1 everytime?

Hope this makes sense.

Phil

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Are you talking about the QA:CP ratio?

You have to enter this in manually at each blood test/meal, just like you would with the online diary, so the 1:1 is just a default value. Sorry if I am getting confused with your bug....

It works for me anyway.......the first thing I put in is the QA:CP ratio, then the CP amount, then my blood sugar level........

I am using the SIMPLE correction factor method, works a treat.......

It is valid that the majority of folk cant inject a 0.5 unit, unless they have the half unit pens.......I personally would round up in this case, and so would need to edit the calculated dose in the app to include an additional 0.5........this is a safety feature built in I think...

It would be good to have the app remember your mealtime ratios and background time/doses, its not available in the website diary though but the app is for using on the move so definitely would be good....

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Bug.....
I took my reading tonight for bed... It was above target, but I do not want to make a correction because I had had a snack recently with QA still on board. I thought the thing to do would be to simply edit to QA correction calc'd to remove it. On save the adjustment is recalc'd and entered automatically. Seems no way to remove it other than to edit settings to turn auto calc off.

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

To help the guys above if you are indeed asking for it to remember your QA:CP ratio on a meal to meal basis you set your default ratios for each 'Type' (of meal) in 'Settings' then 'Specify Targets'. It's always had this feature since I began using it end of May this year.

Edit: for additional clarity

194 posts

Hi,

I am asking for default QA:CP to be remembered/set

But also if you change it from 1:1 then save and go back in, it resets it to 1:1 and recalcs QA and adds or removes previous corrections, only way to stop this is to turn off auto calc.

Phil

194 posts

RichFreed said:
To help the guys above if you are indeed asking for it to remember your QA:CP ratio on a meal to meal basis you set your default ratios for each 'Type' in settings then specify targets. It always had this feature since I began using it end of May this year.

Cool, didn't know it was hidden here, thanks

Bug with it recalc after save still stands though

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

No, I think Rich is right, you can set your QA:CP ratios in settings under the specify targets button, so you can set your BG targets, and then your ratio.....

When adding to the diary, it should look at the time and choose the correct ratio...... Very Happy

Try it out...... Wink

Podarcis DAFNE Graduate
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
14 posts

As I have an Android phone I can't use the improved version yet Sad . Please let me know as soon as I can get hold of it, as I'd love to give it a workout.

I agree with Novorapid that the app should round to the nearest 0.5 unit or 1 unit (user-selectable). I have found this a nuisance in the current version (as I have said previously), which gives (say) 5 CPs x 1.5 QA:CP = 7.5 units, which I would prefer the app to round to 8 rather than me having to edit the calculated figure manually.