Access to Diary Results

7 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Devinesign DAFNE Graduate
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
6 posts

this may have been asked before but how long do we have access to diary entries? I dont use a paper diary and dont want to loose my results - can you give me an idea of how often I will need to down load the results please?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi There,

So far the site has been up and running since 2008 and we have all diary entries posted in that time still on here. There are no plans as yet to put a limit on number or time of entries stored; however if that changes due to database restrictions then we'll let everyone know.

Simon

Hornet DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
3 posts

Hi,
Even if there was a limit introduced, and there was enough warning, you could export your results to Excel. Then, provided you had a reasonable grasp of Excel, you could have a go at graphing your own historical results. Thats not ideal, but you would still have your info.

Colin

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I would expect not that many folk to use the facility, in context with the number of graduates that exist that is............

but a few numbers and comments wont take up that much space on the server..........

Realistically though, we should only be concerned with the last 3-4 months, no?

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Don't agree novorapidboi.
We are far too complex organisms and need long term data to assess long term change - Years not months.
Thanks for your positive comment Simon.

Regards Garry

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

you can see my point though surely, looking back years wont be able to help you now.............

you cant change the past................yes, you can look back at previous years control, but all you find out is an indication of what damage may be done, whether it be considerable or insignificant............

but everyone should have the opportunity to keep a hold of there results and take from it what they can............

I have results in the online diary going back over a year, its good to have these results, but they cant provide me with anything, can they?

ChristineBat... DAFNE Graduate
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
23 posts

In my own experience, basing decisions on results older than a week just don't work. I have made mistakes in the past believing what worked/didn't work according to my diary will/won't work again. It is no use to me to keep records. After the birth of my daughter 7 years ago I was put on Novorapid and Levemir.....at the time neither worked for me and after a couple of years of struggling I went onto Humulin I and Humulin S. The reason for this was because they worked very similar to Actrapid and Monotard which for 25 years worked beautifully. However, Humulin didn't give me much better control and my DSN suggested I go back onto Novorapid and Levemir....I refused point blank, remembering how much I struggled on these insulins.....However, in desperation I changed and, guess what, this time around they are giving me brilliant control. That proves that we shouldn't rely on 'history'.