Browser Remembering Credentuals...

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

At home I use Firefox and my sign in details are always there waiting for me.......

At work however I use Firefox portable....

Does the site need to be set up for this version of the browser?, or do you think its my settings..

Other sites seem to function on the portable version....

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, This is a 'client' issue not a server issue. By this I mean password etc are stored by the local browser NOT the site, so the problem will be somethnig to do with the browser. I have not really used firefox portable so its hard to comment, however I would go into the password manager in the portable version and make sure there is no entry for dafneonline. If there is I would delete it and then try to get firefox to remember the site again. Googling it there does seem to be a number of issues with firefox portable and passwords.
Personally I have to say I do not use the save password feature and would never use it on the portable version. This is probably because I am paranoid about security and would
not trust it. If you lost the USB stick with firefox portable on, it would only take someone with security knowledge minutes to break the password on your password file and have access to all your passwords and the sites you use them on. But its your choice what you do with your data Very Happy

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I use it a my workplace, only because I prefer Firefox and allows me to not store cookies/history...........

its not important really, its just other sites it does remember my details, which makes me think it is on your end, however as mentioned, my home version old Firefox does it fine, which leaves only one variable, the portable version..............