Android App problem

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Hi just a small issue with the Android app.

It keeps entering BG values of 0.0 when I put in my entries for background insulin (i dont check my bloods before these injections) and the 0.0 value is giving me inaccurate averages in my summaries.

Have I got a setting wrong somewhere that means the app is auto-calculating the BG when I dont enter it. If so what do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks for any help

Chris

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Chris,

Can you provide a bit more detail so I can reproduce the problem?

I presume you are using the "Diary Edit" page to just enter a value in the "BI" field and have an empty "BG" field (i.e. you are not entering characters at all in that field)? When you view the entry afterwards via the 'Entries" list what do you see in the "BG" field? The only automatic calculation is of the "QA" field (when that setting is turned on).

Also please provide the model name/number of your phone and the Android version which should be visible under Settings-> About Phone -> Android version.

I presume the summaries you are looking at are on your phone not on this web site?

Keith

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Hi Keith

It's an HTC wildfire s, running the latest version of honeycomb. All auto QA is turned off and when I input a BI shot, I always leave the BG value blank.upon saving this is replaced by a 0.0, which then throws all of my summary averages off.

This is seen on the phone app, not on the website.

Thanks for your help

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Chris,

I just ran the app in the emulator with the API level set to 13 (Honeycomb 3.2) and couldn't reproduce the problem. When I look under "Entries" I see empty BG fields. When I look under "Summary" I see "0.0 mmol/l" for the "Blood Glucose Averages" when starting from no data and when I add entries with BG values only non-blank BG values contribute to the averages as intended.

Please confirm that you are seeing "0.0" for the BG when you click "Entries" and get the "Diary - Last 14 Days" list.

If you are then I guess I'll have to find the exact phone that you have to reproduce the problem - I can't see any candidate cause looking at the code.

Keith