Add Multiple Diary Entries

11 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Anele46 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
109 posts

Hi guys,
Not sure if you have seen the post by Alan Constable on the General Discussion Forum titled "Blood Glucose Diary" but there seems to a page layout issue whereby the page is not being fully displayed (I'm using IE9) and thus you need to tab to the comments field and tab to get to the next row (as there is no scroll bar at bottom of page).
Easy enough to get round using the tab key and shift+tab but may be more difficult on the mobile apps? (Not tried yet on my iPhone yet).

Sorry if you know about this already.
Thanks,
Anele.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Thanks Anele for letting us know, as mentioned on the other thread it should be fixed now.

Anele46 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
109 posts

Simon said:
Thanks Anele for letting us know, as mentioned on the other thread it should be fixed now.

Thanks very much Simon Very Happy
Cheers,
Anele.

Guy Kramer DAFNE Graduate
12 posts

Hello Simon,

I thought it might be a good idea if we could import/upload an export from PC software although I realize that if this is dome some data could not be populated ie CPs, injection site etc. But would still be helpful

Thanks
Guy

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Guy Kramer said:
Hello Simon,

I thought it might be a good idea if we could import/upload an export from PC software although I realize that if this is dome some data could not be populated ie CPs, injection site etc. But would still be helpful

Thanks
Guy

Hi Guy, whats the software, and what format does it use as upload material?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

yes, its another 'on the drawing board' feature that hasn't quite been implemented. Earlier in the year there was some prototype software for Lifescan meters and I have a Menarni 'Glucomen Lx Plus' that was very kindly supplied by the manufacturer in a box waiting for me to do something with it. The big issue is if we can get all
manufacturers to tell us how we access the data stored on the meters. Some are happy and helpful to do this, others are very protective and seem to want you to
use their software to manage your Blood Glucose data. In an ideal world we will produce a program that links to the site and allows you to add the 'extra' bit that talks to your meter. Hopefully it will happen one day in the not too distant future, it would be nice to be able to upload direct from your meter to the online diary.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

An alternative would be if the meter software gives a decent enough export (XML,Csv, json etc) then we might be ale to select file uploads which parse the output and create a bunch of entries. We just need to understand what comes out of the software that Guy mentioned.

Guy Kramer DAFNE Graduate
12 posts

Hello,

I am using Glucofacts from Bayer, although it dosen't give you an option to export however I can access the diary database file. So maybe it could just import the database file? I would of thought it uses a MySQL database and the same for the DAFNE diary?

Nat-Sav DAFNE Graduate
Bromley Healthcare CIC
15 posts

I'm having trouble with the "Add Multiple Diary Entries" feature. This feature has saved me a lot of time in the past, but now whatever I try, the error message keeps coming up "Entry time and date are invalid lengths".

E.g. If I am entering a BG reading from 10pm on Saturday, I put "19092015" as the date and "2200" as the time, but the error comes up.

Am I missing something?

alturn DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
78 posts

I am using a PC, and input date as ddmmyy, never recall using ddmmyyyy format (so last two digits of year only)