Carb free soups

4 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Just a quick question...

I want to find some carb free soups to have for lunch while I'm at work so I can do a check on what my BI is doing but I'm not having much luck with finding a soup in the shops that doesn't include potatoes or pasta.

So, what do you do? Simply just make your own or is there an option in the shops at all?

Many thanks in advance for any replies! ^_^

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Hey,

Just from googling I didnt find any shop bought soup that is carb free, low carb, yes, but carb free, no...

Best bet is to make your own.....

As its really only to test your background and short term your best bet is meat and salad, fling in some cheese too.......that will fill you up and have little to no effect on your sugar levels.........

Good luck with the search.....

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Thanks for the reply. It certain is looking that way so I'll probably do the salad deal instead!

Caroline DAFNE Graduate
29 posts

Hi I make my own carb free chicken soup (tiny amount of carbs) Its delicious. You will need 2oz butter, 2 onions, peeled and sliced, 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped, 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced, 2oz plain flour, 2 pints chicken stock, lb cooked chicken, skinned and shredded or cubed, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, salt and pepper.

To make, melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently sweat the onions, celery and carrots until starting to soften. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to the boil, stirring as you do so. Simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add the cooked chicken and heat through. Season , to taste, with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in parsley and serve. Enjoy on its own or with a warm bread roll.

The whole pot of soup is 2cps and would generously serve 4 people (excluding the roll of course). So one helping would be 0.5 cp