Restaurants - Nutritional Information

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Nat-Sav DAFNE Graduate
Bromley Healthcare CIC
15 posts

Yesterday I came across a helpful list done by UCLH of restaurants & food outlets & cinemas who publish their nutritional info: . Nutritional info (I will post this link on the Carb Links section too.)

Harvester is 1 place that has recently published its nutritional info. I went there for lunch today, was able to calculate my QA dose accurately, and my BG now is a lovely 7.0. Very Happy Very Happy Nice when things work! So glad they have published the info now. I would have got it completely wrong otherwise - just a little example, there was 1.42cp just in the tiny pot of sauce, who knew!

If I'm arranging a meal out I like to choose places who've published carb information. It's nice on the odd occassion to be able to tuck in to some good food without worrying too much about the consequences over the next few hours... even if it something as simple as a bread roll with chips (which can sometimes be tricky to estimate because of variations in size/portion/fat content etc).

Hopefully you will find the UCLH link useful. It would be nice if there were some more Indian/Chinese places on it, but I suppose you can't expect everything! I have been in touch with some local restaurants & a some want to look into getting their nutritional information calculated, because a few customers have already asked for this. I wonder if anyone knows how I could point them in the right direction? I have no idea how a restaurant would go about this? Presumably there is a lab?

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

Hi, the link above doesn't seem to be working for me. Any chance you could direct me to how I can find it on the uclh website please?

Nat-Sav DAFNE Graduate
Bromley Healthcare CIC
15 posts

Rafa said:
Hi, the link above doesn't seem to be working for me. Any chance you could direct me to how I can find it on the uclh website please?

Hi there, the link still works fine for me. But to get to it from the UCLH homepage you click on Our Services - Children and young people's endocrinology - Diabetes - Understanding Nutrition (under the heading "Wellbeing") - Restaurants and food outlets with carbohydrate counted menus. Hope you can find it.

(P.S. Rather than putting the link on the Carb Links part of DAFNE, I decided to go through the list and put in each restaurant/outlet individually.)