BG RESULTS

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

lindacollins DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Barking and Dagenham)
4 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

I have recently started again on the DAFNE regime, atfer a telling off from my GP. Any info and advise would be helpful
Thank you
linda

bangers DAFNE Graduate
Frankston Hospital (Peninsula Health), Victoria
6 posts

Hi Linda

The 26 units of bi seemed to work well on saturday. Did you take less on Thursday night to result in higher levels on Friday? Any other difference between the two days - less/more active?

Good luck

Paul

4 posts

hi paul
thanks for your comments
i always take the same amount of BI but i do seem to vary the hour at which i take it. it ranges from 09.30-11pm sometimes. Would this make a difference ?
Take care, Linda

4 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

It also went abit mad tis morning !

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Think you have hit the nail on the head with your last post.

With the limited information given I reckon that you need balance up the timings of your BI to 12 and 12 hours.
We see that Friday morning BI to night BI was 14½ hours and Friday night BI to Saturday morning was only 7 hours. Hence during Saturday day time you likely had two separate doses of BI active at the same time.
Saturday morning BI to night BI was 16 hours and Saturday night BI to Sunday morning was 10 hours...quite a difference.

Personally speaking, I take my morning Lantus BI at breakfast and evening BI at dinner and find that this often ends up as a good 12 hour split... rarely more than an hour out.

You may find that when things steady out that some additional BI changes are needed. But wait and see the impact of one change at a time of course.
I think most of us find that a BI split at 50:50 is also beneficial.
Would discuss any changes with your HCP to have their support and give you the confidence to make any changes needed.

Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Regards Garry

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I would agree with previous posts regarding BI timings, my control go tmuch better when I made sure I was getting the 12 hour split...

There could be other factors involved, but for now, try and take your doses say at 6:30am and pm give or take an hour....and see what happens then....