I'm New

5 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

chixystix
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
10 posts

hey everyone, I'm Mia and i just found you, so thought i'd introduce myself. I did dafne in Norwich about 4 years ago. I think it's amazing but I'm really busy and don't pay it as much attention as I should. Hoping to change that as I just got married and want to be able to have babies soon. Nice to meet you all. xxx

vic demain DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
87 posts

Welcome Mia, I did the course about a year ago and found it great, learnt so much but my control is still far from good. Have you managed to follow the recommendations, or does it fade with time? Good luck with the babies, hope you are talking to your nurses and getting that BM level sorted. Sure you will get some good help on here.
Vic.

chixystix
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
10 posts

Thanks! I'm the same. I loved it but am so busy I find it hard to dedicate the necessary time to perfecting my control. I still follow it absolutely, but am haphazard with my CP counting - i guess a lot and often get it wrong. And I ran out of space in my DAFNE diary ages ago so haven't been writing things down. I've just discovered the online one here so am hoping that will help me! I've got my hospital appointment next month so am planning to seek baby advice but I'm scared my hba's going to be really high because i've been so preoccupied with my wedding the last few months i've let everything slide...

vic demain DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
87 posts

It's difficult,I know, having just returned to the site having dipped out for a while due to pressure of work. You can always get more diaries from your hospital or there is a service on this site where you can have them posted. Try to fill in the online diary and share it with friends, who can help you to make adjustments and look at how you are going. Also offer a bit of moral support at times. The graphs on the diary are also a great help. You really need to hammer down that CP guessing, no good for you. Keep at it and keep posting.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

A warm welcome from me, hope you can start a family soon......