Woops

2 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Forgot to take my morning dose of background and breakfast quick acting, all because I was amazed at my low morning, yes low for me, blood reading. Not happy.......although reasonably stable....reasonably....

Anil DAFNE Graduate
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
39 posts

looks to me that maybe your underestimating you CP's or your insulin ratio isnt right, Log you details and food for a few days, (eat packet food so you know the carb content),
I suspect you need more insulin, perhaps a change to your ratio.

I found that taking Omega 3 Supplements (inc EPA & DHA), can in some people reduce insulin resistance and cause the insulin to work better in your body, This is because the omega 3 first, thins your blood, so the insulin can have more of a affect for the same amount of insulin taken, Its also a great supplement to take because we all have very LOW amounts of Omega 3 in our diet (Unless you eat oily fish alot).

You can buy omega 3 supplements, 3 months supply for like £3-£4.

Also, the problem COULD be you Background Insulin, we need good details for a few days, of what you ate, when and how much, and how much insulin you took. If you have a few days of this, maybe we could spot a pattern to help you control your BG better.

Hope this helps!

Thanks