Calling any and all archaeologists!

4 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jenny Spollen DAFNE Graduate
Regional Hospital Mullingar
13 posts

Hi all,
I've been a Diabetic for 20 odd years at this stage and completed the DAFNE course a year ago. best thing ever.

However, I work as an archaeologist and the huge array of variables that come with day-to-day work on a site especially as regards physical activity, it's unpredicability etc and the havoc it can reep in your hourly, never mind daily, BG levels is to say the least annoying.

I have also yet to meet another diabetic muck-shoveller and would be really interested to know if there are others in the same field and how things are working out for them Very Happy

Jenny

NiVZ DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
82 posts

Hi Jenny,

I know of one other female diabetic archeaologist who posts on another diabetes forum I use. Don't think she is DAFNE trained so probably not on here tho.

NiVZ

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Hey there..........

NiVZ is correct, on the forum www.diabetessupport.co.uk there is a female archeologist who goes by the name of SilentAssasin1642.

She is actually on a pump, but everyone on a pump needs to be trained to the same principals and standards as dafne, if not better.

I reccomend signing up over there and giving her a PM, you might find the answers your looking for.

Good luck...........

nrb

Jenny Spollen DAFNE Graduate
Regional Hospital Mullingar
13 posts

Cheers folks,

Cheered me up no end to see that I'm not the only one..... Very Happy

Ah yes....the fabled pump. Slowly going through the hoops and hoping to get my hands on one
Once again THANK YOU!

Jenny