Challenge of hot weather and following DAFNE

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Sally Mac DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
27 posts

Hi all, we are all having this very hot weather at the moment, how do you manage the whole "eating" thing during this very hot weather to the DAFNE guidelines?

For me when it's hot I really do not want to eat, but try my best to follow the advice given, even though a lot of the things I am consuming don't have many carbs in them at all. Never a good idea for someone who lives with Type 1. What are you eating on these hot days?

Sally Mac DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
27 posts

Sally Mac said:
Hi all, we are all having this very hot weather at the moment, how do you manage the whole "eating" thing during this very hot weather to the DAFNE guidelines?

For me when it's hot I really do not want to eat, but try my best to follow the advice given, even though a lot of the things I am consuming don't have many carbs in them at all. Never a good idea for someone who lives with Type 1. What are you eating on these hot days?

Its interesting that a few people have viewed this post but not commented, I wonder why? Are you willing to share your updates?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Sally Mac said:

Definitely esating less carbs, more salads etc......

Fortunately DAFNE is set up to allow you to either have carbs or not......without any significant effect to glucose levels.....

Although the heat does tend to change the insulin resistance and so basal may need to go up or down....