Introduction

8 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

wendyoliver DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
4 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Just completed the Daphne course which i found very informative, I have completed my diary from Monday and I have had a slight decrease in my glucose levels. Tonight I have had a hypo but I think this was due to over counting at Lunch, I did a 2:1 ratio and im thinking because my cp's were quite high, should I have taken a 1.5:1 ratio. Any ideas?

Karl DAFNE Graduate
83 posts

Hi Wendy - You should not have to change your ratio just because you had more CP's and you should not be changing your ratio as much as your diary is showing, you need patterns - being from Hull also - remember POPIDOL - I think it was. Also 4.2 is not hypo (officially less than 3.5 - but it may feel like one after you BG's have been high for a long time). Good to see somebody else form Hull and East Riding Karl

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

hey wendy, welcome to the forum.....

karl is right in terms of the ratio changes.....

you should have the same ratios every day....

finding out those ratios is the time consuming part........

just think back to what they said in your dafne course............if your not on target by the next meal and all other variables are ruled out (miscalcualtion of carbs, illness, background insulin running out etc), then you can up your ratio, or down it.....once your hitting the target your ratio is right.....

good luck......

4 posts

Hi Karl Thank you for your reply...I have been changing my ratios this week whilst on the daphne course to find my level as my first doses were a guess at first but i think ive found my level ... I understand 4.2 wasnt a hypo officially but i sure felt like it lol

4 posts

Thank you Novorapidboi26 for your reply and for your advice x

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

So are you actually on the course now or was that last week??

4 posts

My course was last week

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

so your ratios have been established then, thats good.......

its now just a case of tweaking were neccesary to get the best results....