Bed wetting

5 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

outdoorsteve DAFNE Graduate
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
5 posts

Does anyone experience bed wetting in their sleep due to their diabetes.
I wet the bed during the night and when I went to bed I was 19.1at dinner. My blood glucose has always been erratic and now I feel embarrassed for wetting the bed.

sjohno DAFNE Graduate
University Hospital of Derby & Burton NHS FT
37 posts

outdoorsteve said:
I wet the bed during the night and when I went to bed I was 19.1at dinner. My blood glucose has always been erratic and now I feel embarrassed for wetting the bed.

Hi outdoorsteve

Generally how is your diabetes control?
Were you 19.1 at dinner time or bed time? Did you correct the 19.1 at either times?

I would respectfully suggest that you make an appointment with your Doctor and have a chat.

regards
sjohno

outdoorsteve DAFNE Graduate
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
5 posts

Hi sjohno, I had a hypo before dinner and couldn't do a correction according to the DAFNE guidelines.
My glucose levels are always erratic either too high or low. I am at the DAFNE catch up on tuesday .
I've booked in to see my GP this morning also.
Thank you for your reply.
Regards
outdoorsteve

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Hope the GP was able to help you out. Sad

EdwardR DAFNE Graduate
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
5 posts

outdoorsteve said:

I haven't had bed wetting but when diagnosed I was drinking ~8 liters per day and getting up every 2 hours or so -sounds like you are just not waking up. Is 19 a normal level for you? (what HA1C?)
Your GP can probably help with pads and such but if you are regularly at 19mmol/l that's a problem you CAN fix. If you're willing to share your blood glucose diary I would be happy to try to help.

I'm not medically trained so you take my advice at your own risk and I can only base it on what you tell me but I am good at this sort of problem and I do have the time to look at your numbers more that overworked NHS staff.