New to DAFNE

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jo Penn DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
24 posts

Wow just finished DAFNE at Cambridge, and it has been the hardest, most enjoyable yet life enhancing week of my life to date.. but OMG I feel so confident and like I said in my evaluation:
They have helped me save myself from high set doses and overinsulisation (sp)

My name is Jo and I have had the condition for 8 years, and now am realising that I am normal and my experiences of highs and lows and unpredictable sugars seem the trend.

25 years old last December and today (despite being mentally fatigued) feel younger than that..

I am glad I took the plunge, and hope that this site can help me get to my personal goal of HbA1c of 7%

Thanks DAFNE

Nat DAFNE Graduate
30 posts

Hi Jo

Wasn't the course fantastic? I feel the same as you shattered with information overload but ready to tackle the future in a completely new light.

Tackling a takeaway tonight (wish me luck). I will let you know the outcome soon.

Hope you got home safely.

Natalie

Jo Penn DAFNE Graduate
24 posts

Hi there Nat x

I thought it was great, and am feeling very positive... how was the takeaway??

Nice to back to normality; missed my dog immensely and we have already had our first walk.. x

Nat DAFNE Graduate
30 posts

Jo

Chinese went extremely well and actually had the best morning BG test yet. The Levemir seems to be working well too and actually may not have to need my new 1.5:1 ratio after all but will need to check tomorrow.

It is lovely to be out of that room (it was so hot without any windows or air) and the dog has enjoyed being back to his normal walks. Have you made any adjustments since you got home?