Difference between user, graduate and hcp?

7 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

IvanC DAFNE HCP
Knox Community Health Service, Victoria
4 posts

Dear all,

When I look into Users under "usertype" , I wonder what is the difference between a user, graduate and hcp? Had a quick search on the forum without success.

I used to think that dafneonline users can only be a DAFNE graduates or an HCP who delivers DAFNE, but can family and friends of DAFNE graduates now (who is neither a DAFNE graduate nor an DAFNE HCP) also join dafneonline now?

I look forward to your reply. Thanks for your help.

Kindest regards
Ivan

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
421 posts

Hello Ivan,

I see a lot of users on this forum who have not completed the DAFNE course so I believe that it is open to anyone.

See you in a few weeks.

Warwick.

IvanC DAFNE HCP
4 posts

Thanks for your response Warwick, very helpful! Seeya soonSmile

Kenny131 2 posts

Thanks for the info!

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
421 posts

I also believe that non-graduates cannot see the DAFNE handbook but can see the forums and enter BGL readings into the diary.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry just noticed this thread . The replies are mostly spot on. There are a set of type of user 'types' that have different access. The type called 'user' can join the site, contribute to the forums, access the Carb counter section and Diary sections. The only thing they cannot do is access the handbook because in the UK the NHS body won't allow it and we had to sign a legal clause that said we would not allow people who have not done DAFNE to access it. that is why when you sign up you need to enter a code if you are a graduate that has been generated by the centre you attended on this site. The graduate user type has access to all features except the ability to generate codes, to do that you need to be a HCP or DAFNE Admin user type. Finally on top of it all are simon and I who manage the site and have access to everything.

We are happy and indeed encourage ANY diabetic to use the site and apps to manage their blood glucose readings and given the choice would allow access to the handbook as well but rules are rules Sad Sad

IvanC DAFNE HCP
4 posts

Thanks Mark for explaining the different types of users. We here in Australia also think the same around risk management of DAFNE information for people who have not done the course, so we are on the same page!

Really appreciate the outstanding work that you and Simon are doing Very Happy

And we now need a thumbs-up emoticon, hahahaha!!!!!