Printing the Sick-day Rules

9 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

I've tried printing the Sick-day rules, but only get blank pages. My printer is connected and is printing normally - what am I doing wrong?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Nothing, I'm afraid we were forced to disable printing of the course handbook by the DAFNE programme team. It was made part of us being allowed to have the handbooks on the site. If you don't agree with this you need to contact [email protected] and ask them for an explanation. Its a bit of a political situation that hopefully will be learned from in the new DAFNEplus coming in the next year or so. They want to make that much more online.

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
284 posts

Thanks for that Mark - I'm relieved to find it wasn't anything I was doing wrong. It seems a bit pointless to me, because I've got round it by Copying the document and then Pasting it on to a Word document, which I can then print.

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Sshh Alan! Don't tell everyone :-)

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi,
It is impossible to stop people doing screen grabs, I 'think' the NHS legal people understand this, we were told to protect the document as much as possible and that is what we have done. There will always ways around anything....

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
284 posts

Apologies Mark - I didn't want to cause problems.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Has the course handbook not been updated since 2008?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

yes it has but.... they wouldn't let us have a copy to put on the site. After 2 years of complaining to everyone who would listen we finally got the 2014 copies of the 5 day course, 5x1 day course and pump course. All I have to do now is convert them into a format compatible with the site. It would be easier if they tracked changes between versions but they don't. I hope to have the 5 day course on the site by xmas and the others as soon as I can get them done.....

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

There's no rush, take your time...