Evaluating the Health and Self-Management In Diabetes questionnaire

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Peter DUAG Committee Member
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
109 posts

The School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR) at the University of Sheffield are conducting some research to explore how important it is to people with diabetes that they can manage their diabetes well. They have designed a questionnaire to measure how managing diabetes impacts upon people and are looking for volunteers to complete the questionnaire. It takes about 10 minutes and can be found here. The link contains further details of the research and the process being followed. To quote one of the researchers "studies like this are important as knowing information like this can help policy-makers and clinicians to decide how best to allocate health care, and provide better health services for people with diabetes."

Anyone with diabetes living in the UK can complete the survey, and for each 50 participants there is the chance to win £50 in shopping vouchers.

Thanks for your help.

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Peter, I followed your link to the ScHARR website and it wanted a User name and a Password, but it offered no way of setting these up, so I was unable to take part in the survey.

Peter DUAG Committee Member
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
109 posts

Alan Constable said:
Peter, I followed your link to the ScHARR website and it wanted a User name and a Password, but it offered no way of setting these up, so I was unable to take part in the survey.

Sorry about that. Seems the website changes the url on entry. Try this instead https://healthsurvey.shef.ac.uk/hasmid