Multiple Page Entries Rejecting

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

pmason DAFNE Graduate
Knox Community Health Service, Victoria
11 posts

When I try to "Add All" on the Multiple Entries Page it fails with one particular line being highlighted. However, there is No Error message to say what is wrong or what should be corrected. Where is the error message positioned?
The Ratio (QA-CP) edit part below the Ratio entry square is also highlighted but selecting any of these ratios still rejects.

It is most annoying when you have entered a day's worth of stats but cannot proceed. One then has to go back and enter them individually. Most time consuming. Mad

Ideally, if the error cannot be corrected, there should be the facility to process at least those entries that are correct with the invalid error line reported as to the error.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi pmason,

You should see an error message in the highlighted row and also at the top of the screen, are you not seeing this? If so can you send me a screenshot to [email protected] ?

Thanks,

Simon

pmason DAFNE Graduate
11 posts

Ok. I'll go back to using Multiple page entry and take a copy if/when it happens again
Thanks .........Peter

pmason DAFNE Graduate
11 posts

Hi Simon,
I have been able to repeat my error and have worked out my problem.

I can now see the error message at the top of the page which reads
"Errors found in row 4: Entry time and date are invalid lengths"

Firstly I did not enter a date. I leave all dates as blank if they are the same day as the first date entered. The system in fact entered the date/s when the error was displayed. However, It does not seem to be an invalid length but that's ok.

Secondly, I see I have been entering the time in the same format as it gets displayed on the diary e.g. I have been entering 3:00 for 3am (which is accepted) and 10:15 for 1015am. Obviously the field length is 4 digits only hence the error on line 4 where I entered the time as 10:15.
I have now overcome this problem by entering the time correctly i.e. as 1015

Thank you for your help and I look forward to learning more with your DAFNE Online system. It is great

Cheers......Peter