Hello

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

cumberland DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
3 posts

Just completed the DAFNE course in Cumbria, dropping in to say hello Very Happy

I found DAFNE to be a really informative course and have learned useful information all week long

Currently I inject 150u Humulin I, every morning and night, and my carb ratio is 5u Novorapid to each 10g carbs.

Going to have a look around the site

Tek care

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Welcome Cumberland. Take a look around and feel free to ask any questions that you have. We're always happy to try and help.

cumberland DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
3 posts

Warwick said:
Welcome Cumberland. Take a look around and feel free to ask any questions that you have. We're always happy to try and help.

Thanks for the welcome Warwick Very Happy

Leigh On Sea 1 post

Hi

Can someone advise please. I store my insulin in the fridge until I need a new flexpen then I keep the pen in my handbag until it has run out.Is this the correct thing to do as I have heard of people having the insulin on there person all day then putting it in the fridge when get home from work.

Many thanks
Shirley

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Hello Shirley,

Yes, that is the correct thing to do. I believe that the instructions for my insulin explicitly state that you shouldn't refrigerate insulin after removing it from the fridge. Insulin will spoil after about 30 days, so replace it if it is not yet consumed within that time frame.

If you are in a very hot environment, then investigate something similar to a Frio bag which will keep the insulin below 30 degrees Celsius. http://www.friouk.com/

Warwick.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

wow, your seem to be very resistant......

how are your doses now...?