Newly graduated!

5 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Claire007 DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
4 posts

Hello! I've just completed my DAFNE course and joined up. Thoroughly enjoyed the course, even though the DAFNE course leader is my DSN, I still learnt a lot. I've only been diagnosed 6 months, was carb counting from day one but found it Invaluable.
I love the on line diary & App! All the different graphs are so useful, I have been looking for something like this since diagnosis to no avail so huge thanks. I'm surprised that as part of the course, they don't actually show you this site and the data you can get from it, or at least some screen shots with personal details removed, I guess from the 7 on the course though, probably only me and one other person will want to use an on line version. How long do entires remain accessible?
The forum does seem rather quiet! Is that because nobody needs much support once they're applying the principals!? Laughing

alturn DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
78 posts

Welcome to the club Very Happy
My DSN's also did my course, which made a big difference to my control, and confidence to manage BG. Think it's excellent you got on the course so soon after diagnosis.
Usage of the forum varies, it does seem to be on a less active phase recently. But you can still use the forums to search for help, often someone has hit a similar issue.
Good luck.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, just replied to the course stuff on your other posting, but with regards to entries there is currently no expiration and they will be available as long as the site is. Although we have a large number of readings stored on the site, storage space is cheap and we have no reason to delete anything.If we ever got to the stage where we needed to delete anything we would give advanced warning and explain how to export the data from the site so you can keep copies of any data that is removed.
Posting levels on the site do go up and down depending on what is happening in the world of Diabetes. The release of the Freestyle Libre caused a fair bit of discussion and the sooner other similar meters appear the better. Nothing against the Libre its just getting the sensors that is a challenge. If you are interested in technology and Diabetes this is the must have device Smile

Sarahjhobson DAFNE Graduate
1 post

Hi claire. Hope ur getting on ok x

Claire007 DAFNE Graduate
4 posts

Thank you for your replies, I'm definitely interested in the libra, but I understand there's a bit of a waiting list! I may as well express an interest now I guess and start saving my pennies!
I'm doing ok thanks Sarah, still a little nervous if I have to give a correction as I'm very sensitive at the moment due to the honeymoon so always err on the side of caution!
Good to know I can have access to the data in the long term, cheers.