No insulin for 2 months

5 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Dyonisus DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
9 posts

Thanks to Boots and Gore surgery in Basildon I have not been able to inject for 2 months.
When they provide the pen needles they say I can not get the pens, and vice versa!
All I get is excuses from both parties.
They will not give a box that cost £20 (£8.00on Ebay), just to risk costly complications that could be easy avoidable if people did their jobs correctly
God help them if I have to be rushed to hospital!

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

You urgently need to escalate this, Dyonisus, your blood-sugars must be sky-high - are you able to test or is that denied to you as well? Contact the Basildon Health Trust, or whatever they're called. You need to get this sorted ASAP.
You could also contact Diabetes UK on 0345 123 2399 - they might take this up with the health authority involved.

Dyonisus DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
9 posts

I have taken a fasting test more 2 weeks ago at Basildon Hospital.the nurse will not tell me the results because she is not qualified. Do really need to see the GP just to tell me my sugar levels are high or low. Have of the time they look on the Internet because they now very little on the subject.
The way I see it, they have lost the results as they have done in the past and will have to go back to hospital for another test.
I work really hard to see the day when my sugar levels are stable. Do I really deserve to be left in the dark due to incompetence?

Dyonisus DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
9 posts

I called yesterday to my surgery. I was told to phone in the eve.
I called today and the nurse told me that my insulin was ready.
Once there, I got the precription.
I was under the impression that were insulin pens.
I got frustrated because I was not felling well. I had a stomachache, my hips were in pain and lower back was giving me a hard time.
I thought should make an effort, is just 5 minutes away walking and did not have any for 2 months.
By the time I've returned realize there was only 1 type of insulin in the prescription.
I called again,told to come back to get the second item.
If I am lucky, will inject before the end of the week.
I have the prescription to go to any chemist, but We all know they keep a low supply.
Next Friday it will be 3 weeks since I had the test at hospital, why that it takes so long to get these results?
The GP will phone to tell me, at least I do not have to make an appointment.
In the meantime they are offered hundreds of pounds bonuses to stop refering patients to hospital. Just for doing their jobs, what a joke!

Dyonisus DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
9 posts

Retina test results: small sign of diabetes due to poor management, my fault?
Thanks Boots and The Gore surgery!