Insulin Holdalls

8 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jack Butel DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

Im looking for a holdall that will take two insulin pens,and the usual accessories i.e. lancing device, USB metre, test strips, lancets, diary and a couple of other bits. Ive looked on line and some come close but don't take all items. Id appreciate any pointers, links, brand names to look at. Thanking any replies in advance. Idea

HelenP DAFNE Graduate
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Brisbane, QLD
218 posts

I always found that Camera bags were the best...solid and with pockets but with the demise of "cameras" they are now relatively scarce. Good luck. Helen

HelenP DAFNE Graduate
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Brisbane, QLD
218 posts

Just another thought. My grandchildren each have a cold pack lunch box (we all live in Queensland...where it gets fairly hot). I know my D-i-L purchased the ones the boys have online. Some pockets but overall dimensions: 20x15x8 cm. Some have a compartment for a freezer brick. Helen

Try: haggusandstookles.com.au

On this site they are called Fridge to Go Small Lunch Cooler Bags (cost $AUD 30)

alturn DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
78 posts

I use a rigid food box with snap-on top, it holds enough for a day out. If away, I use another for extra days supplies. It doesn't have compartments or insulation (not a big problem in NE Scotland) but it all fits without too much movement, as pens go diagonal. Whether anything of this exact size is still on sale I don't know - I haven't seen one for some time.

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

Thanks for your replies very grateful just seems odd the amount of diabetics there are and all the bags, holdalls and containers Ive viewed on line that nearly fit the bill but not 100% ahh well the quest continues once again thanks for your replies and hope you are well x

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Jack,

Have a look at http://www.desang.net/kitbags/ They have a variety of kitbags.

jalacy DAFNE Graduate
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (Wythenshawe)
2 posts

I recommend the pencil case in STAPLES. It is the the perfect size opens up fully and has a little inside pocket for needles etc. It is mall enough to be fairly unobtrusive and light. I find the kit bags tend to be over the top and heavy. Good Luck!

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

jalacy, thanks for that something that I had not considered. will let you know how I get on.