Repeat urine requests

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Leigh40 DAFNE Graduate
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
2 posts

Does anyone get repeat requests for urine samples - after my March review I was asked to supply a sample three times - whatever they measure was reducing each time. Just had my August bloods/urine taken and I need to provide another sample next week. I'm freaking out a bit. Does this happen to anyone else ?

AMcD DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
38 posts

If your worried about it you should ask the reason why you are having to give repeat samples. I am 26 years in at this stage - repeat tests for urine samples have not come up for me before. As far as I know the standard urine tests at a diabetes clinic include for glucose, ketones and protien. Kidneys filter your blood and the waste product is urine. Urine should be free of protein. Glucose and ketones are more accurately checked using a glucose or ketone monitor. It seems most likely to me that it could be a protein query??

You could ask the question under the hcp section ......?

Hope all is ok. Andrew

AMcD DAFNE Graduate
38 posts

If your worried about it you should ask the reason why you are having to give repeat samples. I am 26 years in at this stage - repeat tests for urine samples have not come up for me before. As far as I know the standard urine tests at a diabetes clinic include for glucose, ketones and protien. Kidneys filter your blood and the waste product is urine. Urine should be free of protein. Glucose and ketones are more accurately checked using a glucose or ketone monitor. It seems most likely to me that it could be a protein query??

Hope all is ok. Andrew

AMcD DAFNE Graduate
38 posts

Hope all is ok. Andrew