Freestyle Libre

13 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

HypoHeb DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Hi

I have been waiting for Abbot to inform me when they have more stock of the Libre glucose monitor. I went on a waiting list in April and I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any up to date information regarding purchasing one in the UK please?

I ordered my Freestyle Libre on Tuesday this week and wondered if there are any other users on here??

Hopefully chat soon

Jude
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
4 posts

Still not heard anything. Still watching them on Ebay and wondering if it is worth paying some opportunist...just to help get my bloods on track! Here's hoping a rival company come up with a better one soon, to give Abbott a kick up the bum! Confused

HypoHeb said:
Hi

I have been waiting for Abbot to inform me when they have more stock of the Libre glucose monitor. I went on a waiting list in April and I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any up to date information regarding purchasing one in the UK please?

I ordered my Freestyle Libre on Tuesday this week and wondered if there are any other users on here??

Hopefully chat soon

Jrichards92 DAFNE Graduate
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
1 post

I have one, When it works its amazing. I have been able to find the patterns in my glucose patterns which would not be picked up in 4-5 times a day finger prick testing.
However I have been plagued with unreliable sensors and I have had it since April this year and I am on my 3rd reader.