Freestyle Libre

13 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Type1Bri DAFNE Graduate
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
11 posts

Hi Everybody

I ordered my Freestyle Libre on Tuesday this week and wondered if there are any other users on here??

Hopefully chat soon

SignyS DAFNE Graduate
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
1 post

I can only dream of one Laughing

Do let us know how you get on with it Very Happy

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Have a look at the 'Cyborg Times' topic in this 'General Discussion' forum - there are lots of user-comments about the Libre there.

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Type1Bri, I have had it since October (ish) last year, I've had a few teething troubles (Abbott have been brilliant). I had my last sensor pack up 6 days early last week (Abbott replaced it, without any issue), but this caught me off guard without a sensor for 2 days, I felt lost.

I know I shouldn't, but I only really test my blood at meal times now, so gone from 10 to 15 finger prick tests a day to 3, my fingers appreciate the relief Very Happy

With seeing the overnight highs I ahve been unknowingly having my HbA1c has gone from 7.9 to 6.8

Hope it works for you.

Type1Bri DAFNE Graduate
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
11 posts

Well I am on my 4th sensor now
The 1st one was reading constantly 2 mmol lower than my actual levels, 2nd and 3rd were great for 9 days then fell off!!
But the information gained is so impressive, I now know I suffer from Dawn Phenomenon quite badly!!
These need to be on the NHS as soon as possible as they really are fantastic

Susanf DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
29 posts

Does anyone know if these are available in Ireland yet Very Happy

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

I don't think they are available in Ireland, yet... they had stopped the roll out to different countries due to the heavy demand in countries that they had been launched in. Hopefully they will be sorting this out soon. Amazingly they didn't realise there would be such a huge demand for them. They are talking to the NHS about them being available on prescription but it will be a long slow process.....

Susanf DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
29 posts

Tks Marke for the reply. I wonder what made them think that not having to pick your fingers daily would catch on Very Happy

Jude
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
4 posts

Having been travelling for the past year and missing a lot of news, I only found out about the Freestyle Libre a couple of weeks ago. I tried to buy one but they are not available except to existing customers, and the waiting list seems to be over 6 months now. I would (almost) kill for one of these, as my control is a nightmare. Is anyone else in the queue for one?
Crying or Very sad

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Jude - have a look at the topic called 'Cyborg Times (New BG meter)'.