Carb petition

8 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Monique DAFNE Graduate
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hello everyone,

I've seen on a few sites petitions to make hypo sized bottles of lucozade. And it got me thinking how much easier would it be for us all if takeout menus,mcds ect displayed the amount of carbs next to an item?? I know a lot of places now display calories. Has anyone seen a petition for this or now how to go about starting one?? thankyou

AMcD DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
38 posts

McDonald's display all Carbs and other information on the back of the paper tray mat that comes with every eat in order.... bring your magnifying glass though it's in very small text!! Andy

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

It's also on the boxes of McDonald's food. In Burger King you need to ask for the folder with the info in it that they keep behind the counter -I wrote to Burger King to ask about it! Also think KFC have it on the paper tray liner....I haven't had fast food for almost a year so this is all based on early 2014! Laughing

Neville COL DAFNE Graduate
North East Essex CCG
23 posts

I ve got carbs for Wetherspoons menu ( on its web site) Zavvi did do dietary analysis properly, but last time I looked they had revised it and lost the carbs but I m hopeful that they will be back....the info is out there with alittle bit of patience.... Razz

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
137 posts

Wetherspoons also do a leaflet in their pubs with the info on. I found frankie and bennys to be the worst for info, i complained and was told it was something they were working on for their website but have yet to see this info.

snow123 DAFNE Graduate
13 posts

It would be so much easier when eating out .it would encourage me to go there rather than some where that didn't.

snow123 DAFNE Graduate
13 posts

It would be so much easier when eating out .it would encourage me to go there rather than some where that didn't.

Monique DAFNE Graduate
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Yeah vickyp frankie and bennies is also where I struggled. I feel for younger people like my little brothers 18 year old friend who has just been diagnosed and still wants to go out and eat with his friends like normal. Having to sit and calculate it all in a rush and possibly getting it wrong. It would save so many hypos. I'm going to look into this more and hopefully start something soon! Thanks for all your advice x