Diasend

5 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

CurlyWurly DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
15 posts

I got an email from mydiabetesmyway to invite me to take part in Diasend - has anyone else signed up for it?

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

I've just started using diasend, after my last appt with consultant so that they can check my levels without me phoning to read them out or emailing them...you do need a clinic code for that tho. Now I just phone to say I've uploaded and they get back to me if I need to make changes. The graphs etc are pretty good on diasend.

HelenP DAFNE Graduate
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Brisbane, QLD
218 posts

I have been using Diasend for a couple of years now and 4 months ago gave my endocrinologist direct access to my data. The way it works with me is that if he (the endo) suggests changes he will then ask me to upload the data on a specific day, send him an email and he can access it and send me further suggestions. This was especially helpful when he suggested I change 16 of my settings!!!!!! He got back to me via email and made a few extra suggestions. They can also write notes on Diasend but we do it by email. Very efficient way to get advice. I was a little unsure at first as it seemed too "big brotherish" but I am now OK with it. It certainly helps when you go for an appointment that he has access to all the data. Previously I had to take in printed pages of data. My Endo is a numbers man and certainly is very good at analysing the data. Very hard to argue with data!

Helen

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

I made a half-hearted attempt to use it, but it seems you have to download your BG readings directly from your meter. I don't think my meter can do that. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

I have the omnipod pump that I use with diasend, I have a cable that attaches to my PDM so I can download it. Not sure if diasend works for other meters? I know my optium won't.