Carbs and cals book

7 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

steve o DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Barking and Dagenham)
5 posts

I have been trying to buy a copy of the new book called carbs and cals have been on various websites waterstones wh smiths and amazon and they all say book is unavailable although it was released on 31st March i am very confused has any one had any luck getting a copy. I know it is available on the carbs and cals website but is it available any where else?

ccheyette DAFNE HCP
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
3 posts

Hi Steve,

If you go to the website www.carbsandcals.com it is available to order from there and will be sent out within 1 day.

ekuser
NHS Lanarkshire
3 posts

I managed to obtain a copy from an ebay seller. I searched for the book and found a seller selling slight "seconds" (per seller: have minor cosmetic marks or slightly damaged ie small printing smears to the jacket, tiny dinks to the spine, or very slight page mis-alignment) for only £6.99 free p &p! Might be worth a look :-)

Labsteward 6 posts

Amazon have stock at about 9 pounds

Labsteward 6 posts

Love this book I have always like visual things and this is really easy to count carbs with . good buy thanks to the author and photographer.

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
23 posts

I got this book too. Yes its certainly a useful thing to have.

Only criticism I would have is that the pictures are a bit murky and hard to make out, printing quality and colour on the photo's is not particularly good. Pity because other than that it hits the nail on the head.

caroline15 DAFNE Graduate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
45 posts

I got the book before I did the Dafne course, I've also just downloaded the app onto my ipod touch (but it did cost £4.99). Only problem is I keep leaving the ipod at home Smile