Help - BG Levels

6 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Julieann Brown DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
2 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

hi, I am trying to regulate my BG and I am very high, I attended the dafne course last week.
I don't think its my BI as I don't a 3am check and it seems regulated.
I am checking my CP from what I am eating and I think I am 90% correct in what I am taking. Do you think I need to up my ratio for lunch & dinner..?
Julieann

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Julieann,
You might get more responses for this if you posted it in the General Discussion forum

Alan

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Moved to General Forum

James A DAFNE Graduate
North East Essex CCG
1 post

Hi Julieann, ive just completed DAFE (graduated on Friday, wow!!) I had very similar readings to readings to you, and my BI was incorrect, moving up in stages of 20% at a time, and a BG check at 3am, (nice!) ive got back into range. Hope you find some Very Happy Confused Confused thing that works for you

Wise Old Owl DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

As DAFNE says, look for a pattern, then make one change at a time and see what happens. Are you on a BASAL BOLUS? is your BASAL lasting the full 22 hours?

There were quite a lot of people on my DAFNE course, with similar readings to you (At the commencement of the course) at the follow up course 6 weeks later everyone had got better readings, following DAFNE advice, so try to find if there is a pattern and try either looking at BASAL or making a change to your ratio, i.e. if one of your ratios is 1:9, try 1:8 and see what happens.

Hope this helps somewhat. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

CurlyWurly DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
15 posts

I wonder about injection sites also? All the injections seem to be in your stomach so I wonder if rotating to your thighs/buttocks etc. for some injections might help.