Hypos - All Over The Place

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

mum2westiesGill 502 posts [Shared diary only visible when logged in]

I seem to be hypoing all over the place at the moment, I could have shares with jelly babies lol.

I have been slowly reducing my lantus by 2u at a time then giving it 3+ days for it to settle & 3+ to see any effects. The last time I reduced was Sat 20/09.

I'm wondering whether a time change of lantus ie taking it in a morning rather than evening (10:30pm ish) would help - I know of somebody whos dsn suggested this why I don't really know & I know we're all different.

Can anyone see any trends

Any help in identifying trends and/or advice on how to improve my control would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

mum2westiesGill 502 posts [Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Wondering whether I'm better reducing lantus again or even changing to levemir

Gareth H DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
12 posts

the trouble with reducing the lantus again is that they say most people need 24 units to go through an entire day, and you are already well below that.

Have you thought about maybe diverting some of that lantus? like moving even 4 of it to a morning injection so that you have 12 evening and 4 morning? just to see what it does.

I am new to all this reading stuff as i only did DAFNE last month but i cannot see a specific pattern in those readings that would say to reduce the lantus.