Blood glucose animation using protective lancet caps

6 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

GWM DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
10 posts

Hi,

I have made a short animation about blood glucose control using the round protective lancet caps from blood tests amassed over several years. You can see the movie by following the link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97278293@N03/14513951500/in/photostream/

I am in the process of remaking the video & would appreciate any feedback.

Do you think this sort or animation could be helpful in helping people learn about blood glucose control. Would it have helped you? How could it be improved? Or any other comments. . .

Thanks,

Gareth

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, I changed your post so the link can be clicked. My initial comment is where did you get the time to do it Crying or Very sad
It's very good and a different approach, although I'm not sure people would realise they were lancet caps unless you told us

GWM DAFNE Graduate
10 posts

Hi Marke,

I kept having those lancet caps left rolling around & wondered if they could be put to work in some way.

Where did I find the time? I'm doing an MA in Drawing on the application of drawing for communication of scientific & medical concepts, particularly around diabetes. The animation took a little over a week to do & I am now going to remake an improved, hopefully smoother version. . .

Thanks for your help,

Gareth

GWM DAFNE Graduate
10 posts

Hi,

I've made a new version of the animation & included a video of a blood test.

You can watch it here:

http://tinyurl.com/lscnkgz

Gareth

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Very cool. I have shared it with one of my diabetes Facebook groups.

GWM DAFNE Graduate
10 posts

Great. Thank you Warwick!