exercise

3 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

paulj DAFNE Graduate
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
36 posts

if i plan to do some exercise after breakfast i.e. 45 minutes on rowing machine. is it best to reduce my Q/A insulin ratio at breakfast to compensate OR check my BG levels before and during exercise and if needed take any extra CP'S?.would appreciate your thoughts

cheers
paulj Very Happy

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Paul
I would reduce my QA before breakfast and before the exercise I would test again - to make sure I had enough glucose in my system to cope with the exercise.

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

A lot I would think depends on how soon you do the exercise after breakfast, if straight after, it seems daft to rest before and then straight after - so therefore you would need to try and work out how many units less of QA to take. If NOT straight after then yes I would test before.

45 minutes of rowing seems a very intense form of exercise so have extra CPs on hand and perhaps test half way through? And exercise can still have quite an effect for quite a number of hours afterwards, so make sure you test then too. If it is a regular thing then you will learn by trial and error what suits you.