Hello!!

3 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

shazz_5683 DAFNE Graduate
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
13 posts

Hi there everyone....
My name is Sharon and I have had diabetes diagnosed since I was 18...I believe i am type one but as usual with me things may need to have further investigation! (long story!)

I did my DAFNE course in Jan 2009 and it was the best thing i ever did...my group was great too and we was in a wonderfull setting of a riding centre so had lovely horses to look at!!!!

My diabetes control was poor i was and potentially still am in denial somedays...

8 weeks after finishing my DAFNE course my Hba1c level went from 12.6......to 9.6 not great but WOW so much better!

Only just got around to joining this group.....hope to speak with lots of you and its sooooo nice to have one thing in common that we all understand!

Shazz xx

Tony Quick DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
1 post

hi shazz, I have just done DAFNE in exeter and feel the same as you, it was great its too early to see if it works but I've learn so much I can't see it failing. good luck let us know when your hba1c is under the magic 7. regards TQ

hankypanky DAFNE Graduate
Salisbury DAFNE Centre
18 posts

hi shazz
lets hope your a1c keeps coming down as mine has improved since the "DAFNE" cool course, i think loads of us are in denial at times but we gotta be strong and live with it Smile ive been diagnosed since feb 95 and been in denial loads but there are loads of risks etc if you go down that line, thats why im never going there again but me having diabetes since 95 im stilll learning there is loads more stuff that i/we dont know,
good luck with your a1c
take care steve Smile